background

Monday, January 9, 2012

Valentine's Mailboxes

The Pin that Inspired: 





Background Information:
The mailboxes can be found at your local Target in the dollar section (yes, they really are only $1!!!!!). When I went to pick some up I could only find ONE, but I needed more, so I asked an associate. Turns out they had TONS more in back and in various colors (pink, red, white, turquoise). I purchased my candlesticks at a local thrift store. 



The Instructions:
1. Spray paint old candlesticks.



2. Print off and cut out letters.
            -or-
2. Print off outlines of letters and cut them out, then trace them upside down onto the back of some cute paper and cut out.




3. Glue letters onto mailboxes using a glue stick.



4. Using a glue gun, glue mailboxes to candlesticks, and DONE!



My Creation:
While at Target I also found a pretty sturdy wood "Be Mine" sign for only $2.50, HAD to have it for my Valentine's display!


Cost: $3 per mailbox; $1 for the mailbox itself, $2 for the thrift store candlesticks. I already had the printed paper and used the spray paint for multiple projects (it was $3 a can at Walmart).

Difficulty: (1-5 pins, 5 being more difficult)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment