background

Monday, January 9, 2012

Framed Monogram

The Pin that Inspired:



http://pinterest.com/pin/91479436150685476/

Background Information: I purchased the frame for this at a local thrift store. The instructions are going through what I had to do with the specific "art" I bought for the frame (gorgeous, huh?)!

The Instructions:
1. Remove any paper backing from frame.

2. Using a flat head screwdriver, push back the staples holding in the canvas.

3. Remove the canvas (or picture) from the frame.

4. Spray paint frame. I left some of the wood showing because I liked the old faded look! If you want to spray paint the letter you can do it at this time as well (Mine was already white which I liked so I just kept it that way!). Another cool idea would be to decoupage cute scrapbook paper onto the letter.


5. Spray paint canvas if desired.
     -or-
5. Mount letter and frame to wall.


6. Glue letter to canvas using a hot glue gun.

7. Replace canvas (with letter mounted) in the frame. Push staples back down using a flat head screwdriver.

8. Hang on wall- DONE!

My Creation:


    


Cost: : $7: Breakdown- $3 for the frame (included canvas), $4 for the wood letter. I also used the paint for another craft, got it from Walmart for about $3 per can.

Difficulty: (1-5 pins, 5 being more difficult)



No comments:

Post a Comment