background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Magazine Organizers

I decided to do this because my husband has a TON of magazines that are always flopping over on our bookshelf and it drives me nuts!

Some of the Culprits:



Okay, but what really excites me about this little project is that it was completely FREE for me to do! Yes, FREE! Read on...

The Pinspiration:
http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com/2009/11/tool-time-tuesdaymore-like-recycle.html
http://pinterest.com/pin/133137732703676828/

The Instructions:

1. Cut cereal box (I used a costco-sized Goldfish box!) You can use a ruler if you want to be very accurate. I also cut mine differently because I don't like the magazines showing on the sides! Sorry, forgot to take a picture until I'd started putting the scrapbooking paper on!

2. Cover box in cute scrapbooking paper, using either a glue stick or double sided tape.

3. Fill with magazines- DONE!

My Creation:

Pin It

Pin It


Cost: FREE!!! Nothing's better than free... except maybe getting paid for nothing! But seriously, I already had the cereal boxes and I have a few huge stacks of scrapbooking paper already on hand (if you don't, you should get some because there are SO many crafts that utilize scrapbook paper- don't forget to bring a 40-50% off coupon if you're getting it from Michael's or JoAnn's!).

Difficulty: (1-5 pins, 5 being the most difficult)

No kidding, this was so easy to do!

Speaking of cheap, check out these awesome faux canvases I ordered from Walmart (sorry they're kind of washed out):


Aren't they awesome!? I've been dying to order canvases of my boys when they were newborns and with the great prices on faux canvases, I finally did it! Love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment