background

Monday, January 9, 2012

Monogrammed Bar Soaps

The pin that inspired:



The instructions:
1. Shave logo off of bar soap using the side of a vegetable peeler.
2. Print off the letter of choice in an appropriate size (this took me multiple tries!).
3. Cut out the BLACK part of the letter.
4. Use the resulting pattern as a stencil for your monogram.
5. Trace monogram onto soap using pencil.
6. Using a flat head screwdriver, shave away at the soap surrounding the monogram, make sure to leave the letter raised. Be VERY careful!
7. When complete, use a lightly dampened Q-tip to smooth away the surfaces.
8. Cut off the ends of the soap box.
9. Cut a cute piece of paper to wrap around soap box.
10. Glue paper to soap box.
11. Tie with a bow- DONE!

My creation:
The first soap I made turned out kind of horrible (expect it!). The second time around I was able to refine my skill and ended up with this:


Also keep in mind that the type of soap you use makes all the difference! The first try I used an off-brand which was brittle, making shaving away the soap difficult. The second time I used Irish Spring which was nice and soft and waxy, making the "carving" much easier!

Cost: About $1 (for the bar of soap).

Difficulty: (1-5 pins, 5 being most difficult)

No comments:

Post a Comment